I am in the process of getting an AA in Interdisciplinary Studies from Liberty University Online. Taking online classes enables me to stay at home with my children while still making some academic progress. I plan to get a degree in fashion design once all three of my children are in school but I am considering getting a Dressmaking and Design Diploma from Penfoster.com this summer. I like online classes because I can work at my own pace, on my own time, and in an environment of my choosing.
The diploma has seven units which teach you skills such as:
- The basics. The sewing machine, basic dressmaking processes, fibers and fabrics.
- Design techniques. Line and design in fashion, embroidery, and garment decoration.
- Designing by draping. Using and customizing a dress form, creating original clothing designs.
- Alterations and fitting. Altering and fitting necklines, armholes, sleeves, waistlines, and more.
- Decorative features. Applying ruffles, tassels, beading, and custom fasteners.
The program can be completed in as little as two months and costs between $669.00-$799.00. This includes books, study guides, learning aids, free shipping & handling, unlimited instructional support, access 24/7 to Penn Foster’s online campus, the Community your personalized student homepage and learning portal, additional resources such as our online library and career guidance from Career Cruising. If you have taken courses from Pen Foster please comment and tell me what you think.
Pen Foster is accredited through Pennsylvania State Board of Private Licensed Schools, Commission on Secondary Schools of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA. 215-662-5603 www.css-msa.org, Distance Education and Training Council (DETC), International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET), 1760 Old Meadow Road, Suite 500, McLean, VA 22102.